Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tool #2

So my excitement continues as I build my blog and my PLN.  I created a Google Reader and am currently following three sites:


I will definitely find these useful when creating lesson plans for next year and I hope that my fellow science colleagues will find them useful as well.

I enjoyed reading about the commenting tips.  What I found most useful was how to invite more people to comment on your blog such as asking questions and asking for feedback.  It was also a good reminder to remain humble and gracious when blogging/commenting.  Besides Facebook (which I keep pretty conservative and low-key), I haven't had the opportunity to share my thoughts publicly.  I find it exciting because I know that I will learn so much from networking with others.  Blogging is definitely different from sharing my successes and challenges with a teammate.  It is reassuring when you can relate to others so building this network will be very beneficial.

A website that I plan to visit in the future is http://learningismessy.com/blog/.  The blogger presents some controversial issues regarding today's education and a different approach on pedagogy.

What I think of blogging so far....It's not as hard as these boys think!!



1 comment:

  1. First, I love your fun background!
    Second, the picture makes me laugh because I know exactly what the boys were doing.
    Third, I agree with you that it is a good reminder to be humble and gracious when reading others comments and when commenting on others posts.

    ReplyDelete